Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Two versions of the same

 

From Knight Owl
A quick look behind the scenes of Knight Owl.

These are two versions of the same moment in the story.

The top painting was created quickly to flesh out our proposal when my agent pitched the concept.

The bottom painting was created at the 11th hour as I submitted the final art for the book.

I did like the original painting but found that the characters and the environment had changed enough over the course of developing and drawing out the entire book that it warranted another pass. Still time well spent I think.

I couldn’t help but think of my years creating similar environments for Redwall!

.

.

.

.

.

.

#childrensbook #productionart #kidlit #christopherdeniseillustrator #knightowl #christyottavianobooks #digitalpainting #redwall #redwallabbey #brianjacques #nytimesbestseller #owl #illustration #fantasy #dragon #dragonsofinstagram #christopherdenise #littlebrownbooksforyoungreaders

No comments: