Friday, September 23, 2022

A Knight Owl behind-the-scenes note.

From Knight Owl by Christopher Denise

From Knight Owl by Christopher Denise

From Knight Owl by Christopher Denise

Many people are surprised when I tell them that I work on my compositions and the individual elements of the illustration only in grey scale (black and white) before I take the step of adding color and lighting.

I love this part of the process! 

I’ve developed a few custom #adobe photoshop brushes that feel and act like charcoal pencils.

Old school/art school!

Happy Friday!

(sketches from ‘Knight Owl”-more info in my bio)

.

.

.

.

.

.

#characterdeisgn #christopherdeniseillustrator #knightowlbook #drawing #adobeartist #digitalpainting #newyorktimesbestseller #kidlitart #drawing #sketching #childrensbook #christopherdenise #christyottavianobooks #littlebrownbooksforyoungreaders #owl #artprocess

No comments: