Friday, September 29, 2017

Groundhug Day Props #2

Here is another prop that I designed for Groundhug Day, written by Anne Marie Pace. Like the telephone directory prop that I shared earlier in September, this prop was almost completely painted over in the finished piece. On the printed page, you cannot even read the newspapers!
I create these small details knowing full well that they will most likely be obscured and overlooked by most readers but still, I take great joy in including them. They make the painting all the more fun and, somehow, they lend an air of authenticity to the imaginary world of these little critters. I like to imagine that there are a few young readers who will spot these small details and enjoy them!
Look for Groundhug Day this December published by Disney Hyperion.

 

No comments: