Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bella and Stella Go (went) to Washington


Clearly a past due update but still good news! I stole the post from my wife's (Anika Denise-author of many fine books for children) news section and may have added a comment or two.

Bella and Stella Come Home was chosen by the Rhode Island Center for the Book as the Rhode Island submission in the Pavilion of the States at the National Book Festival in Washington, D.C. (that took place) on September 24, 2011.

The book will be (was) on display in the Pavilion and included in the publication that will be (was) distributed by the Library of Congress. Recent Rhode Island authors that have had their books honored include Natalie Babbitt, Chris Van Allsburg, Kelly Eaton, Janet Taylor Lisle, Kim Newton Fusco and Mark Peter Hughes.

Chris and I are honored (still are) to be in such good company and delighted our book was chosen!

2 comments:

iravgustin said...

i like your style!!!Cjngradulats you and your wife with ekselent book!

Mar said...

I just found your illustrations and I loooove it!!!
I will try to find some of your books here in Spain (I love Oliver finds his way...)

Mar
www.mar-blog.com